1. How can I contact someone the week of the event?
Emails sent through this site are monitored until the Wednesday of the event. You can contact a live human at the Volleyball of the Rockies main number, 303, 745-2255 during regular office hours until Friday at 5pm. Your best bet during the event will be the main tent near the sand courts.
2. I didn’t get a response to an email question?
Every effort has been made to provide all the information you need on this site. If you email a question that is answered somewhere on this site you will not receive a reply. Please make sure you review all the different sections before sending your question. If your question is not answered somewhere on this site, and the Registrar can answer the question, you will get a reply. If the Registrar has to forward your question on to the Promoter or Director you should expect a reply from those individuals.
3. What rules and/or formats are used?
All divisions: FIVB rules apply. Sand and grass divisions will be pool play followed by an elimination bracket. Full tournament details will be announced the week of the tournament. Tournament Director may adjust format at any time depending upon weather or other situations that may delay play.
4. What division should/can I play?
Click here for our grass rankings and policies
5. Can a co-ed team play in a Men’s division?
No. Co-ed teams are not allowed to play in a men’s division.
6. If my partner is injured can I pick up a substitute?
There are no substitutions in doubles. You must finish the tournament with the partner you started with or drop out of the event. If you have used your timeouts you can select to play as an individual until your partner recovers if that is a possibility.
7. What ball will be used?
MOLTEN, MOLTEN, or perhaps if you have one....a MOLTEN.
8. I tried to sign up online but the division closed?
Snowmass Doubles closes out divisions in multiples of 6 which allows to run 6 team pools on either 2 or 3 nets. If a division is closed out, you may play up a division or get on the waitlist.
9. Can I check if my team made it in?
All registrations are done through Volleyball Life and you can confirm your registration there.
10. What if my team has to cancel?
Occasionally teams or players have to cancel. Below is our cancellation policy
- $10 at any point after you register
- $25 before Monday at noon, 4 weeks prior to the event (Monday, June 12th, 2023)
- $50 before Monday at noon, 2 weeks prior to the event (Monday June 26th, 2023)
- No refund after Monday at noon, week of the event (Monday, July 3rd, 2023).
11. What if a division closes before my entry is received?
Since all registrations are online through Volleyball Life, this can no longer happen.
12. How can I enter before a division closes?
Just sign up in a timely fashion.
13. How many teams are accepted in each division?
Typically, we limit the sand divisions (10 teams per gener). Other divisions will be capped as the event approaches in order to fit logical sizes.
14. Can I contact the Tournament Director?
Tournament Director and Registrar: Terry Milner & Cristian Martinez, Volleyball of the Rockies 303 745.2255, M-F, 8-5pm, MST